"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Sunday, December 02, 2007

We're Home!

Oh, the birth story this time around is quite different from my the birth story of my first. Thank you for all the wonderful thoughts and well wishes. I can't believe I'm not pregnant anymore, it feels so weird! In a good way of course. So it wasn't quite the labor and delivery I had in mind, but the coming home part was nothing short of a miracle. I have lots to write, but my chotch hurts and I'm beat. But here are pictures from the weekend.

So here's what three hours of pushing looks like. Yes three hours. He didn't get the memo that the second is supposed to be easier. Here he is: Ryan James, 7 lbs. 8 oz.
Poops meeting his baby brother and loving him.

A sleepy boy.

Going home day.

Does life get any better than this really?

16 comments:

Stine said...

Oooooh! Congratulations to all af you! He's so worth every minute of pushing, and so beautiful.
Now, enjoy - you're right, life doesn't get much better...

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

He is GORGEOUS!! Congrats - he was definitely worth the 3 hours of pushing (said from someone who didn't do the 3 hours, lol)

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

Congratulations!!! What a cute family!!

When you get a chance email me your addy. I would love to send something to you!! You know I make cute baby gifts on the side!!

~Denise~ said...

Congratulations! Enjoy your beautiful family!

Becky said...

Aww! Welcome to the Mom of 2 Boys club! :-)

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so happy everything went well! Congrats!!!

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

Welcome home! What adorable little boys! Congratulations!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Congratulations!! He's adorable :) You have a beautiful family!!

Jen said...

Congrats on achieving a PE free pregnancy. That certainly deserves celebrating!

WOOHOO!

Jen

Anonymous said...

what a blessing! four miracles. you for holding out full-term and taking great care of yourself, ryan for being so healthy, aidan for turning out so darn cute and your husband for mopping the floor!
can't wait to see you guys again. you look wonderful. rowen can't wait to meet his new best friend.

Laura said...

awwwwww! how sweet! i so love happy endings.
congratulations on a healthy, beautiful baby boy. what a beautiful family!

katie eggeman said...

He is so handsome! I am so happy everything went well, I knew it would, but I worried my whole second pregnacy, too. Enjoy your family.

Pam said...

wow...i haven't stopped by in a looong time and look what i've missed! congrats on your baby...he is adorable. the pic of poops giving his brother loves is even more adorable. don't you love how much easier a 2nd or subsequent child is? my last one was out in 4 hrs and the doctor beat her arrival by 5 mins lol

HoorayForSaturday said...

I just found your blog.

Congrats on your new child.

Hope all is well. Get some rest!

JD said...

Whoops, I've been totally out of the loop. Congratulations! Hope the new baby is just as much a joy as the older one. And that he sleeps much better. :)

LEADS said...

Congratulations for new baby...I know how it feels when you are not pregnant anymore. It is always a joy having a baby at home but giving birth is painful at the same time but whatever it is worth all the pain. Good luck